Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Search For Boxes

I'm moving this weekend. Not far, just downstairs to a bigger apartment.

The funny thing about this whole thing has been my obsession with finding boxes. Over the weekend, I went to Target and asked if they had boxes in the back that I could steal. After talking to several people, I get the story that they don't save boxes at all - if they are unloading and you see an empty box out in the store, thats up for grabs but anything else you are S.O.L.

As I walked out of the store, I saw a big dolly full of boxes in the Gardening department. I ran over there only to find that all the boxes were wet. DAMN! This does me no good. I try talking to these two guys in the Gardening department to see if they knew of any boxes hiding elsewhere but that was a dead end. As you can see - I'm one of those people that if I don't like the answer someone gives me, I try to find someone that will tell me what I want to hear.

So last night after work and school, Jake and I make our way to Target to buy more packing tape and trashbags for the move. Upon our arrival, I see them unloading merchandise in the Pet Department. Now, I dont know if teaching my child the stealthy moves needed to steal boxes from the big bad Tar-Jay monster are going to serve him in life, but stepping back and seeing us running through the stores lugging around about 5 boxes, was quite comical. At least I'll have that story to tell him later on in life.

No comments: