Thursday, December 28, 2006
Run to see this movie. Believe the hype about Jennifer Hudson. This movie was so incredibly good. I got to see it in the Dome at the Arclight (first time there, yay!) and it added to the experience.
The movie stealing Jennifer Hudson has her show stopping rendition of "I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" and by golly I sat there and just started to cry for the woman. Click below to listen to it!
If you dont know the story of DREAMGIRLS, this movie is actually a remake. In the original, Jennifer Holliday, played the role of Effie White and her rendition is considered the best. I found it and you can listen and compare for yourselves.
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Then as I was paying for my items, I look at the guy behind me and it seemed like he had his priorities in order.
He only had two items to purchase - condoms and KY jelly.
Monday, December 18, 2006
OH and be careful if you are at work - dont say I didnt warn ya.
Friday, December 15, 2006
If this isnt good enough- they give you a pictorial that includes the picture on the right.
And the best part (I know, how can you get past the pictorial, right?), instructions on How the MANGROOMER Can Improve Your Life:
Look and Feel Clean and Manicured -- Eliminating unsightly back hair presents a more refined, clean image to others.
Confidence -- Increase your confidence knowing that you are "back hair free" and no one will be staring or snickering at you, or get turned off by unsightly back hair.
Romance -- Start up that spark in your relationship or marriage by surprising your partner with a smooth, sexy back.
Muscle Definition -- Shaving the hair off your back shows your muscle definition in much greater detail. You'll simply look in better shape after using the Mangroomer.
Sweat -- Keep your back shaved clean and help keep your back dry with less sweat and less chance for body odor.
First Impressions -- As the saying goes, you only get one chance to make a first impression. Don't let back hair ruin the image you are trying to project.
Summer Essentials -- When your shirt is off this summer, no back hair is a big plus. Whether you're at the beach or a pool party, use the Mangroomer to avoid embarrassing, hairy-back jokes.
Avoid Embarrassing Public Treatment Options -- With the Mangroomer you can shave your back privately, easily, quickly, painlessly, and inexpensively by yourself, in the comfort of your own home.
I can't pick my favorite reason...I wonder how the person who wrote the copy for this felt. I'm imagining it being a woman and having to ask her hairy coworkers for personal reasons to use this product. I'm loving this more and more.
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Well my fans in internet land - I have found something else to be shameful about and I'm not going to hide it. I love this song, I find myself humming it throughout the day at work. If I hear it on the radio, I sing along.
From me to you - Fergie with FERGILICIOUS
Here is the story:
Last week, I needed to schedule a service call for the gas in my apartment. I received an email and I made a mental note that it was on Wednesday, Dec 13th. Tuesday morning I call my landlord and told him that I had made an appointment with the gas company and that if would let the service person into my apartment sometime between 9am - 12pm. Yay, great, no problem.
At about 12:30pm, I call the landlord and ask him if the gas man showed, the answer was NO. Well, those bastards! The landlord tells me that maybe he missed him and he'll go check to see if they left a note on my door. I told him not to bother that I'll call and reschedule for sometime next week. While on hold to talk to a representative, I pull up the email that confirmed my appointment. "We will be there on TUESDAY..." MOTHER EFFER!
Now - I realized that I missed my appointment, GREAT! So, about this time the representative answers the phone and asks how she can help me. I give her my details and tell her that I need to reschedule my service appointment. She said, "reschedule?" and I said, "yes" then I proceed to ramble on (like a dumbass) about how I missed the appointment because I thought it was today and I was too embarassed to tell my landlord that I had mistaken the day and would just like to reschedule. Then she says, "Ma'am, your appointment is for TUESDAY, DECEMBER 19th. Would you still like to reschedule?"
You know when you have one of those moments when you get this overwhelming urge to just get under the desk or disappear from the sheer horror of realizing that you are a dumbass? Yeah, that was me.
I moved it up a day to up to the chances of feeling that way again.
So after laughing hysterically, I asked Jake if he understood what happened and he said sort of.
So this is the conversation:
Me: "Ok, first do you know what QVC is?"
Me: "Its a channel on television that you can watch and they put different items on the screen that you can buy. When you see something you like, you call the number and buy it over the phone and then they deliver it."
Me: "Yes, really."
Jake: "What do they sell?"
Me: "Lots of stuff - clothes, jewelry..."
Me: Yes, toys"
Jake then gets this grin on his face that he's had from the day he was born and I knew he was going to be trouble.
Me: "Jake, dont get any ideas."
Jake: "What? I didnt say anything."
Me: "I saw that look on your face. You were thinking about figuring out how to buy something huh"
Jake: "Well, yes."
Me: "And what did you want to buy?"
Jake: "Something expensive."
Monday, December 11, 2006
Dont fall for the eyes and dont fall for the quivering lip that accompanies all that.
I've gotten 4 calls and 2 voicemails so far.
Thursday, December 07, 2006
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Set them under the Tree
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the week before Christmas or else I get burnt out on the holiday.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Tamales, yum, yum, yum
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Thinking that I actually saw Santa and his reindeer’s shadow
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My mom and dad took my brother and I to brunch and told us –we were 14 and 12 (we already knew though)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Christmas Eve
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? The usual lights, ornaments,
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it
12. Can you ice skate? Yes – with the help of the wall.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift as a child? My LA Kings Kelly Hrudey Jersey
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? That I spend it with family and friends
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Bread Pudding
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching my father finally finish the nativity scene or making fun of my mother’s inability to bake any sort of bread to accompany the meal (this also applies to Thanksgiving).
17. What tops your tree? An angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Are we still talking about presents?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Jingle Bell Rock
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUM!
21. Gift Cards- thoughtless gift or convenient gift? I used to think they were thoughtless – now very convenient
22. Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman or Charlie Brown? Frosty baby!
23. Do you send Christmas cards? If I remember in time I do.
24. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Yes, I went on my trip and had a great time. I actually took some pictures this time! The funniest thing is that there was one part of the trip that will have its own post (someday) and because I'm not used to having my camera, I neglected to take it with me. But no worries, my eloquent word stylings will be enough for you.
In the mean time - here are some things for you to ponder:
1) How good was the Heroes fall finale?!?! huh, huh, huh Why is Peter getting sick? The Haitian spoke? Tinkerbell vs Sylar! Mohinder is still freaking hot.
2) Flatulence forces plane to land - yes I laugh everytime I hear this story.
3) Oy! Vince Vaughn! I'm sorry but if you are going have a fling do it with someone who is not going to email her sorority.
4) 24! 24! 24!