Sunday, April 06, 2008

Those Damn Dirty Apes

Charlton Heston died yesterday at the age of 84.

Every time I hear about Chuck Heston, I don't think of his famous roles but rather, an ex-coworker. Her name is Bonnie and I used to work with her at Universal.

Bonnie hated Charlton Heston.
She hated him for his egotistic attitude for playing Moses.
She hated him for being the President of the NRA.
I repeat, she HATED Charlton Heston.

One day, one of my other coworkers thought it would be funny to upload a whole bunch of mp3 files on the various computers in the work area with an array of Heston quotes from his movies.

When she would save a file, the computer said to her "Let my people go!"
When she would minimize a window, her computer would say "Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape! "

What made this little prank even more entertaining was the temper that she had.

That day, she hated us just as much as Charlton Heston.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome!