Sunday, October 14, 2007

Competition for the Laundry

Don't you hate it when things don't go as planned? On Sunday mornings, I tend to have a routine. I get up early (and by early I mean 7am) and get my laundry started. While that is going on, I get back to my apartment and start cleaning. I'm usually done cleaning my apartment by the time the morning NFL games start.

This morning, was no exception. I got up at 7am and since I'm usually the only one that is in the laundry room that early in the morning, I didn't rush out like I normally do. See - mistake #1. I ASSUMED that it was going to be the same as always.

I get to the laundry room and all of the machines are taken, and what sucks is that I missed it by 1 minute. So I leave my clothes and head back to the apartment to start cleaning while I wait for the machines. 32 minutes pass and I head back to the laundry room where I find the person who is screwing up my schedule. I find her LOADING THE WASHERS AGAIN.

Now, if you have 9 loads of laundry, wouldn't it make more sense to go to a laundry mat where you can do it all at once or in one of those giant machines? Just a thought.

What makes me laugh about all this is, that I could have been done with this yesterday. I had planned to go shopping for a couch but I got caught up with procrastination and laziness that the only two things I managed to do were 1) make dinner and 2) watch Legally Blonde The Musical on MTV.

So back to cleaning and unpacking I go! I'm almost done...just a few more boxes. Oh look - Field of Dreams is on AMC...

No comments: