Saturday, February 23, 2008

Reason Why You Shouldn't Date At Work

One of the joys of my HR job is to administer the sexual harassment trainings for the company. Recently, I logged into one of our resources and found this picture that accompanied an article about Workplace Romances.

Now...what is wrong with this picture? Everytime I see it, I actually giggle a bit. Why? Let me point out some things...

The most blatant observations is...no black man with ANY self respect will allow a white woman to do this. I actually can't believe that the guy in this picture allowed himself to be photographed for this. How much mockery is he getting from his friends over this? I'd use this picture to match up the ring and watch he's wearing to find this guy and smack him upside the head.

Ok - the look on the girl's face is hysterical! It looks like she's trying too hard to be tough and well, is not succeeding.

Doesn't it look like she's going to punch herself in the back of the head? She may need to work on that aim.

I keep thinking that the phrase "Bitch, Please!" needed to be said at some point before this picture was taken. Either she made a comment to him and he said it which made her fly into a rage (so to speak). Or she said it and cocked that fist back, triggering what could be a very embarassing moment in black history.

No comments: