Sunday, February 17, 2008

ARETHA!!!!

Valentine's Day actually had a happy tone to it this year for me. I was going to see Aretha Franklin!

Now, this isn't the first time I had seen her in concert, I saw her a couple of years ago at the Greek. But come on now...its ARETHA EFFIN' FRANKLIN!!!

My friend and I head to the Nokia Theater and after a couple of drinks we settle down in our seats and wait...wait for Aretha (effin') Franklin. Last time I went to see her, she seemed to be in major diva mode. This time, we got nice Aretha. She even sang some of her major hits! She sang Respect, Chain of Fools, Ain't No Way, and Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Not only was I singing and dancing in my chair, but we were entertained by the people around us by their singing and dancing. But in my opinion, the best moment happened early in the evening - when Aretha was introduced. She was introduced as the "Empress of Music". At least Beyonce' didnt introduce her...