Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Irresponsible Parenting

Driving home from work and school today, Jake opted to watch the only South Park episode I have on my iPod - "Trapped In The Closet". In case you live in a cave or have no sense of humor, "Trapped in the Closet" is the infamous Scientology episode. Yes, I referred to South Park and Scientology in the same sentence.

Jake wants to be entertained and I tell him to watch the South Park episode. He tells me that its "inappropriate" for him. Um - where did this child come from?

Does he watch anyways? Yes...yes he does.

Jake: Mom?
Me: Yeah?
Jake: Is the Scientology stuff real? That they talk about in the show?
Me: Yes it is.
Jake: So people believe in the Xenu thing and and pay money?
Me: Yup, they do.
Jake: Um - do they know it sounds stupid?
Me: Well, you may not agree with what certain people think - but its what they believe.
Jake: Yeah, its still stupid.

I freaking love my kid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, the best South Park show ever :)