Sunday, January 20, 2008

Damn Flu

I don't know how I got the flu but I got it. For the past 3 days, I've pretty much been restricted to the comfort of my bedroom. Its kind of funny how different life is when you are taken out of your routine. On Friday, I took Jake to school in the morning. For once, I was like one of those other mothers who drop their child off in their pajamas and look forward to returning to their homes. It was an odd feeling, let me tell you. Then, getting back home and forcing myself to not do anything was, well, hard. In my head, I had the laundry, the dishes, vacuuming, and general cleaning to do. Did I do it? Nope. Another odd feeling.

Then I started making some observations...
- I noticed that the hours between 2-5pm during the week are probably the slowest moving hours...wow, same at home as at work.
- There are a lot of people in my building that are home during the day. Do they even work?
- Daytime TV is really bad.
- When you sit and wait for emails to show, they don't.
- Laptops and wireless internet are the best things ever.
- The doctor I got to see on Thursday is really, reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyy cute.
- It seems like "The Godfather" is always on tv and thank goodness for that!

I was scrolling through the "Watch Instantly" section of Netflix, where you can view movies or tv shows online, and I saw season 1 of Dexter available. I have heard so many good things about the show and I had never gotten around to watching it. By golly, procrastination was about be put aside. I managed to watch the whole season and I don't know if I should be proud of this accomplishment or not. The show is sooo incredibly good! Its not as gory as I thought it was going to be (it has a little gore but honestly isnt as bad as some other stuff) and the characters do a good job of capturing your interest in them. Dexter is a blood spatter expert who moonlights as a serial killer. He doesn't kill people indiscriminately though, he only kills people who slip through the system. The show has more heart than I think people give it credit for. With the writer's strike going on, CBS has decided to put this show on. If you are even remotely curious, I suggest you take a chance on it. But to truly bond with Dexter, take the time to watch the show the way it was created, by watching the non-edited episodes.

Ok - time to go back to bed, I'm a bit winded.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

While I was riveted to Season One of Dexter, Season Two has been disappointing. It's starting to get too ridiculous and too sensational. I hope the show hasn't jumped the shark!

Hope you feel better.