Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Yesterday, I received a call from a Kings sales rep trying to sell me season tix for this upcoming year. I was ready to get back into the swing of things but I have to say that its been an emotional rollercoaster. Because he called me while I was in the middle of something, I told him exactly how I felt about the way the team is sort of in limbo at the moment, that the team has disappointed me year after year, and why in God's name would I spend all that money to watch them lose in person when I can do it for free at home. Yes, I said all those things to him. In addition, I also listed the pros and cons of making this decision.

My love for my team - PRO
The sense of being one with your fellow season ticket holder - PRO
No coach to speak of - CON
Cammy traded to Calgary- CON (even though he had no loyalty to Kings, he was still a player to watch - in my opinion)
Barbie is the penciled starting goalie? - CON
Visnosky traded to Edmonton - MAJOR CON

But this morning, I wake up to the news of a big PRO - Rob Blake has signed with San Jose. Holy shit! When I saw this crawl at the bottom of my tv screen as I was slowly waking up for the day I actually jumped out of bed to get my laptop to read the news. I haven't stayed quiet about the fact that I hated...HATED that the Kings resigned Blake after Luc retired. I knew in my gut it was only to appease the fans and giving them a name to cheer on. But he is an overpaid over the hill mediocre defenseman- he was great...WAS. Good riddance that he's gone to San Jose. The thing that I love about this is that the whole rebuilding thing that Lombardi wants to do is, yes good for the future, but he's forgetting to have the leadership now to mold these youngsters into a force to be reckoned with.

I'm going to ride out this season being a couch fan again this year. I'll stick to my plan of getting back into the season ticket realm next year. I already have a handful of games I have to get tickets for; Calgary, Edmonton (you know I'm a sucker for the Canadian national anthem) and we also we have to add Dallas to that list. Oh did I fail to mention that Avery signed with them? Yeah, let the ass kicking begin.

1 comment:

ghartstein said...

Rob Blake...hey, a name I've heard of. Not sure what position he plays or anything about him, but at least I've heard of him!