Monday, October 20, 2008

Whew! Thought It Was Just Me...

One day, after watching an episode of "Two and a Half Men" (don't judge me) I noticed that one of the slides at the end of the episode had a little bit more writing than usual. With the magic of TiVo, I paused the screen to see a slide from Chuck Lorre Productions. It was something like this (its not exactly this but I picked this one because its funny):

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #111*
This is the official "I have nothing worth writing about" vanity card. It will run whenever I have nothing worth writing about. Don't be surprised to see it quite a bit. From now on, when our schedule requires me to deliver a new card and I'm empty, I'll simply say, "Run one eleven." A check of the one hundred and ten cards I've already written will quickly demonstrate that I should have written this card a long time ago. Why didn't I? Vanity. I had become vain about my vanity cards. I was determined to write a new one each week because, well... I'm just that kind of guy. But I'm older and wiser now. I know when I have nothing to say. And that knowledge is freedom. Freedom from the constant need to win your approval. And more importantly, freedom from the obsessive and relentless need to end each vanity card on a joke. The Electoral College.*

1st Aired: 8 Nov 2004

I have to admit that on the one hand I'm so happy I found these Vanity Cards because they are so funny and on the other hand I'm sooo pissed off at myself that I had never seen them before! Its like my tv is giving me this look...the exact same look that I pictured my brother giving me when I told him I discovered "This American Life". That look goes something like this:

No comments: