Friday, April 21, 2006

D-Day, One Year Later

Yup, today is my D-Day anniversary and I dont know how I feel about it.

A few days ago, I was talking to a close friend about the impending day and telling her how sort of melancholy I felt about the whole thing. On a certain level, I feel like celebrating and on another, I feel like I should be mourning. She reassured me about my decision and its not that I regret it all happening but I'm sad about the disappointment of the whole thing. I'm sad that I had all this optimism about someone and a future together and then one day its all gone.

So much has happened - new job, new career, new apt, new lifestyle...damn, I should be celebrating! And in a way I am. Now more than ever, I do what I want and I live my life the way I want to live it. I got my season tickets for the Kings, I rode the Zamboni, I bought my ticket for my trip to New York, and soon I will sign up for Tango lessons.

I guess in the end, I have to be grateful for D-Day because it helped me realize that I shouldnt put off what I really want to satisfy anyone else. I should only worry about satisfying myself and my responsibilities. Hmm - I guess we really do learn something dont we?

No comments: