Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Source For New Material

The thought had actually crossed my mind that I might have run out of some original material since hockey season was over and some of my tv shows were coming to an end. Then I did the most brillant thing to get stories for the blog. I started taking the METRO.

Today was Day 2 and this one is going to be hard to top.

The guy sitting behind me was whimpering the whole ride into Union Station.

No, I'm not kidding.

Yes, I shared and texted my brother.

I walked by him to get to my seat and I could hear him crying when I sat down - but as the ride went on, it sounded like whimpering. Imagine a dog crying in the middle of the night trying to get into the house - oh yeah...from the end of the Gold Line all the way to Union Station. The person who sat next to him ended up moving and the guy next to me gave me this look. I tried using the reflections to see if he was indeed crying but I couldnt do it and I couldnt very well turn around and stare him down (well I could have but I was in a fairly decent mood today). I was telling a coworker about it (cough THE CHAD cough) and he was giving me a hard time about how "mean" I was for wanting to laugh at the guy. It was a 30 minute ride and this all happened before 8:30am! I wanted to imagine what kinds of things this guy must have gone through to have already had an emotional breakdown before 9am and I came up with 1) found out his significant other was cheating and 2) was about to lose his job.

Any other suggestions?

No comments: