Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sweet Mother of God!

Ok, so I dont know why I found this so freaking facinating to post - but I did.

This is from a story on Yahoo about a bear that killed a monkey in a zoo.

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - Bears killed and ate a monkey in a Dutch zoo in front of horrified visitors, witnesses and the zoo said Monday. In the incident Sunday at the Beekse Bergen Safari Park, several Sloth bears chased the Barbary macaque into an electric fence, where it was stunned.

It recovered and fled onto a wooden structure, where one bear pursued and mauled it to death.
The park confirmed the killing in a statement, saying: "In an area where Sloth bears, great apes and Barbary macaques have coexisted peacefully for a long time, the harmony was temporarily disturbed during opening hours on Sunday."

"Of course the habitats here in the safari park are arranged in such a way that one animal almost never kills another, but they are and remain wild animals," it said.


If that is not good enough (you know what I mean) - here is the link to an EYEWITNESS account with pictures. Man, if I only read Dutch.

UPDATED: My cool ass brother sent me this link for translation. Ok, its more because I'm LAZY I didnt translate, ok?

UPDATED AGAIN!
I decided to put the picture up. Sorry to the faint of heart.

1 comment:

Mark Torromeo said...

Seriously...when are people going to start taking bears seriously? They dont become cuddly and nice just because youve had a few too many drinks. These arent crocodiles were talking about here people.