Saturday, December 27, 2008

Flying The Friendly Skies

The flight leaves on time and I get settled in for the long trip. I have to say that when the flight was booked, I was told that KLM had the best in flight entertainment. That everyone has their own little screen and you can pick and choose what type of entertainment to keep you occupied until you arrive at your destination.

This was not applicable on my flight.

I accepted defeat and figured that I loved myself for having a plan B - my sudoku game, iPod, laptop, a book, and my crochet. My flight left at 530pm and since it was a 10 hour flight, I figured that I had to get at least 5 hours of sleep to fend off the jet lag. So really, only 5 hours of that needed to be filled with a distraction. Whats worse is that I got stuck in the middle of three seats. I didn't have much room to maneuver and was slowly getting more and more frustrated with the arrangement.

Here is a picture of my legs and my seat.


I was even prepared to be comfy by wearing my comfy pants and that shall be revisited in another post.

I ended up watching more of the in-flight entertainment than I expected to because I couldn't get comfortable. And its not like I didn't try, I had two beers and had two benadryls to help the sleepy-time to come. But nooooo....I think I ended up sleeping a total of 2 hours. The times I managed to fall asleep, the girl who was sitting next to me had friends on the flight who would come visit and they would chat - loudly. And its not that I mind people having a good time on the flight but this was teenage girl chit chatty and my lack of sleep and room to move around was not taking kindly to it.
The food was pretty good and I watched an episode of The Simpsons, an episode of Big Bang Theory, the movies "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" (which I had seen before and loved) and "Hancock" (which I hadn't seen and managed to cross that off my list).
We finally arrive at our destination, which is Amsterdam, and I have about 3 hours to kill until my next flight.

No comments: