Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Holiday Haze

The first thing I had to do this morning was to get gas for my car. So off I went to the gas station.

I put my debit card in.
I put the gas pump in tank.
I pushed the button.
I went to sit in my car because it was effing cold.

After a couple of minutes, I heard a click and went to remove the pump from the tank and headed to work. A few songs into my drive into work, I look down and notice that my gas gauge hadn't moved since I put the gas in earlier. I had two thoughts 1) I have a hole in my tank and I should be seriously concerned and 2) my gauge is broken.

I figured it was #2 because the gauge wasnt going down quickly enough to be dripping gas on the freeway. Then my little gas warning light came on. Then...then I had a thought.

Could I have not put any gas in the car at the station earlier? I kept going through the motions at the pump and apparently, I never put the gas in!

I finally make it to Hollywood and find a station to fill up my tank - this time making sure that the pump actually works and puts the gas in. I even got a receipt for proof!

No comments: