Monday, December 20, 2004

O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree

Did you know there is a shortage of Christmas trees in Ridgecrest? There are absolutely no live trees left in this little desert town which contributed to my parents making a decision that was close to being a mortal sin in their eyes - getting an artificial tree. As a side note to my brother - dad taught him the Christmas tree song - oh yeah, its on. For the rest of you - imagine hearing the title of this post over and over and over again.

As you might recall, I had the duty of going to purchase my dad's gift...my mom had one job - ONE JOB - to keep him away from Wal-Mart while I make the buy. So I go get the box (which is bigger than my 3yr old and just as heavy) and bring it to the front to get a cart because I didn't have enough forethought to have gotten one before. So I'm carrying this box and trying to put it in the cart when low and behold who do I see - YUP MY PARENTS! So I get in front of the cart (like an idiot) and try to hide it. My mom realizes what has happened and directs my dad to go another way...like that's going to help. Anyways, that's done. At least its another story to add to my little collection.

So I think my brother has a radar as to call at the most inappropriate times. Last night he called during Desperate Housewives. I mean I know the man is stressed beyond belief about his wife being due any minute and I'm sure he's looking for some sympathy. But there are a few hours during the week that are sacred in my household during LOST, CSI, Without A Trace, Desperate Housewives, West Wing, and (when it comes back on) ALIAS. He's already called during CSI, LOST and DH. Anyways - he's trying to talk to me and I'm sitting there going "Yeah, really? How's Missy? And my Maya? Ok - here's mom" And my mom is watching the show with me - all I hear her say is "No mijo - I am paying attention to you" All the while she's hitting me because of the stuff thats happening on tv.

So I really should help with the Christmas decorating. My dad is in phase 2 of the nativity scene: putting the actual scene together. The houses are up and the lights are on, the three wise men are being put into place, and Jacob built a lake out of contruction paper that has crocodiles in it (not kidding). So off to do some family bonding...

No comments: