Saturday, January 08, 2005

D'OH and I cooked!

First and foremost let me say that I forgot to post something on here...the name of my new nephew! His name is Bruce Oscar, it means “The brush of the divine spear of he who dwells in the apple orchard”. The first thing that I told Oscar was "Why would you name him after a shark?" For those of you who didnt work at Universal or know the joke - Bruce was the name of the shark in Jaws - Spielberg named him after his lawyer. I'm excited, we are going to go see him next weekend..woohoo! Although this time in my travel to Vegas I hope not to get into a car accident or be solicited...so lets cross our fingers people!

And in keeping with my New Year's Resolution - I made dinner tonight. I bought that nifty cook book that gives you recipes that you can do in 30 minutes, from start to finish. Yeah add an hour to that and thats how long it took me to make dinner. I made Chicken Cutlets with Basil-Parsley Sauce and Arborio Rice with Peas. It came out soooo goood. I'm rather proud of myself. True I took a bit longer than the book said it would, but its better to be late than not to show up at all - right? The downfall of this whole thing is that now I have to wash all the dishes I used...oh well. So I have to go clean the kitchen. Is there no rest for the chef!?!?

On a side note - we watched HERO tonight with Jet Li - holy cow that guy rocks. Just wanted to say that. Ok, back to the dishwashing.

No comments: