Monday, January 17, 2005

Vegas Part Deux

Ok - so my vegas trip. So this time it was a bit more low key - dont get me wrong, I'm still me and I had one "incident" but it was a good trip. Met my new nephew - he's so cute - he makes this duck face, so funny - he's also so tiny! I forgot how tiny babies are when they are first born since my son is so huge. Bruce was bigger than Jacob weight wise (Bruce was 9lbs 2oz and Jacob was 8lbs 8oz) so it was strange (in a good way) to hold him, just reminds me of how things were 3 years ago.

Friday night I went out with my friend Ashley for her 21st birthday - met up with her, her boyfriend Ricky, her parents, and her cousin Mary. Apparently Mary was drunk by the time I met up with them. So I met them at Bally's and already the itching to play craps started. So I throw down 20 bucks and about 15 minutes later, its gone. I had won and lost and won and lost and then well, walked away with no chips. So much for that. So we were trying to get a game plan when a security guard comes up to us and cards all the girls. I obviously am flattered and I give him my ID. He checks Ashley's ID, checks Mary's ID, then gets to mine-I say "Wow, I cant believe I'm getting carded!" And then he says "Damn, I cant believe you are older than I am!" Let me say the mini euphoria of being carded went right out the window. So I had fun that night - won money here and there and stuck to my budget! I only took $100 in cash with me and so I knew thats what I was going to be spending (or should I say losing). Thats pretty much it for my trip to Vegas - mostly stayed with the family and had fun. Oh and I totally kicked some butt at Scrabble.

We have housekeeping to do today - got laundry and taking down the xmas decorations - seriously if we get this done today it will be the soonest we have ever taken this stuff down. I remember growing up and all this being up around Valentine's Day.

No comments: