Monday, April 04, 2005

I'm so tired....

Had a really great weekend...ended up in Vegas, saw my brother and the fam, and won cash at craps. Everytime I walked up to a table I ended up at least doubling what I started with.

So let me give you the important points of a great craps tables for your next trip to Sin City.

1) Good table vibe - if your table is quiet and no one is talking to one another...walk to another table. You need to have the good table chi.

2) If you dont know the shooter's name - give them a nickname. Its always good to get the group behind the shooter if you are collectively calling them something other than HEY YOU.
  • When I got there Dick was shooting - Dick was a man of about 65 yrs of age and helped buffer quite a starting bank roll for yours truly.
  • Then there was Columbia, this guy who was wearing a Columbia shirt.
  • Crazy guy - this guy who had this crazed look on his face...we joked that we were going to take him to a post office to see what would happen.
  • Mrs. Crazy Guy - crazy guy's gf or wife.
  • Pinky ring guy - are you getting the gist of this?

Then there my side of the table - the cool side:

  • John - shot really good and won me $75 on one roll and Oklahoma's life coach (see below)
  • Tyler - skater dude that was drinking his screwdrivers like they were kool-aid
  • Scooter - Tyler's friend that seriously I wondered what he did because he would put about $250 out on the table on every roll
  • The Reverend because he kept preaching about how we need to focus
  • Oklahoma - some tractor magazine publisher from Oklahoma who coined the phrase HARD NINE and got John to be his life coach because John kept spilling out words of wisdom - John was no more than 27 years old.
  • Moi - btw...if anyone asks...according to Oklahoma I won the Pulitzer Prize in Erotic Fiction.
3) Be loud - people like loud and obnoxious....I was told by my friend that they heard me (specifically) and when the person at the card table they were at made a comment about how loud I was being...they said that someone needed to shut me up - thanks for the love - but I can't help but get excited when I win...$7 is $7.

4) Spend Spend Spend - Just keep putting money on the table and always get odds on the pass line bet...it pays 2 to 1.

Thats my recap. My mom recorded Desperate Housewives so I'm going to go watch it. CAN'T WAIT!

Saw Sin City on Saturday - great movie....full price people...full price of admission.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Mel! Sounds like you had a good time? Who did you go with to Vegas?...mmmmhhh... I wonder?