Monday, October 24, 2005

The Weekend Plus A Little More...

Whats up my peeps? Such a gloomy day in Los Angeles...what grand coffee drinking weather and since I got to work a whole half hour early, I walked the three blocks to Starbucks to get myself a little something. Still dont know if there is a Coffee Bean within walking distance, have to scope that out. Probably Jessica and Shannon would appreciate that little bit of knowledge. Let me just say that the whole city just seems deserted. Is it the weather? The time of morning? I have no idea, but I barely waited to get my coffee. I stayed at Shannon's last night because we the two single gals were hitting up the hockey game last night (Damn those ref's! We should have won!). Hey Shannon - I like your car...

So I drove in to Hollywood from Long Beach, I got here in about an hour and thats because I opted to get off the 110 and take the 10 and then streets, this may not mean anything to anyone else but I might have extended my commute this morning by about 20 minutes and I was happy about it! Why-you may ask. Because Melissa bought herself THE DAVINCI CODE on CD and I have been hooked on that damn thing since I drove down from desert yesterday. Here is the funny thing about the CD...my cd player in the car is crap. Remember how much trouble I have with my car - on top of the oil leaks, my car cd player is rather tempermental. I have come to the conclusion that the cd player will play every other CD that I buy and absolutely no CDs that are burned, unless they burned on a Saturday and with music that is downloaded - no copied CD's...welcome to my personal hell. So after I bought my book on cd, first thing I did was try disk out. IT WORKS!! Yeah, all good. I start on my road trip the first CD already in. I get into the 2nd hour of my drive and I pop the 2nd CD in and - ERROR. WTF? I try again - ERROR. No way! So there I am driving down the 14 fiddling with this CD popping it in and out, its bad enough there are no good radio stations at this point to switch over - so I put in another music CD to hold me over until I get to the gas station and lunch spot (In and Out...yum!). I tried 3 CD's until I finally got one to work (thank you Ray Charles!). I thought that maybe the vibration from the car might be keeping the disk from catching - who knows. My car is like a girl you are trying to seduce sometimes, everything has to be perfect for it to work. Anyways, so I get lunch and gas and still no CD working. A half hour later...I get it work - WOOHOO!!! Five minutes into it, my friend calls me on my cell. Let me say that I seriously considered it going to voicemail, but we had been playing phone tag for a week. I told her my little adventure with the damn CD player and she was laughing - because of course, this stuff does happen to me. Thats why I'm happy that I was stuck in commuter hell this morning - because of the book. Damn that book is good so far. For those of you that are curious - I'm at the point where they are at the safe deposit bank.

These past few days have been rather busy. Last week, I went to dinner with Sophia and Waymond to a place called Palms Thai and they had a Thai Elvis. HOLY SHIT! It was awesome. I highly recommend it. Waymond had taken a picture of the Elvis on his phone but I have yet to see it. I'll post it eventually. Speaking of pictures - I took a picture of Marty McSorley at the hockey game last night with someone's cell phone. By someone I mean the guy who sits with two gals that I know - he has some weird Russian name but Julie tells me to just call him Puckhead - which I do, since I cant remember his name!

Jakeman Adventure of the Weekend
I went up to visit the Jakeman this weekend and this kid is a crackup. He's just plain funny. I took my car to get washed on Saturday, which worked out nicely since it was drizzling this morning. We did the drive through thing that he loves. Did I fail to mention that I had forgotten that my dad had opened the sunroof a little bit earlier that morning? Yes...the water came into the car! Luckily, because the sunroof was only popped open it wasnt as bad as it could have been. So here is my dilemma - I got water coming in, Jacob laughing and screaming, I'm laughing and screaming, I'm trying to stop the water with the only thing that can soak things up on hand - my scarf, and Jacob clammering to hit the button to close the sunroof. I'm trying to stop him because he can easily go the wrong way - which probably worked out better if he did it, because thats exactly what I did. I think I finally got it closed when they were air drying the car. When Jacob retells the story - he's happy to include the detail that "Mommy and I were screaming like little girls" No lie - thats my kid.

No comments: