Monday, February 28, 2005

Grease, Ice Dogs, and Foxx

That in a nutshell was my weekend. Jacob and I went down to LA on Saturday morning because we were going to go see Grease with my mother and sister-in-law. We had so much fun! Jacob, I'm sure, would have liked more singing, but he had a good time none the less. When we got there I realized that we really hadnt eaten anything all day - since we woke up late and then got on the road. So it was about 1:30pm, no breakfast, no lunch and I had a hungry child. The only snacks we could get a hold of was chips and cookies they were selling at the theater - cool...but when we tried to go in, they wouldnt let us enter with the food. Like I said, it was a good show - really impressive. I saw Grease in Pasadena about 9 years ago and it was different - well I remember it being different and I guess it would be since everyone had their own interpretation of the play. What impressed me the most, was the theater. We went to the Redondo Beach Civic Light Opera house - its a converted high school auditorium. I'd really like to go back. So that night we met up with my sister-in-law's cousin and went to the Long Beach Ice Dogs game - we lost 2-1. I had fun though...not exactly the same as NHL, I could have used a lot more violence, but thats just me. It was like a little fix for my lack of hockey, I would definitely like to go back. The next day went and had lunch at Benihana's with some friends and then started the long drive back. When I got home, I went to a dinner party with the people from my bowling team. Now I've never really been to a "dinner party". I've gone to friend's houses for dinner but its always been rather casual - it was so nice! I loved her house, it really shows off her style.

Jaime Foxx won Best Actor, I so happy!

I'm waiting for my tax refund to show up in my account so I can buy plane tickets for my trip in April. I'm sick of waiting for it. Should show up this week. Ok - I have yet another paper to write - I got an A- on my last one, WOOHOO!

No comments: