Thursday, February 03, 2005

What a freakin' slacker!

Almost a week has gone by and I havent posted. A weekend came and went, bowling came and went, I even started a new job!

Some points of interest for the week:

New Job
I started a new job. The office managers got shuffled around and I got placed in another area. I now work for the Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, the Chief Test Pilot and the Technical Director of VX-31 which is our test squadron. Boy oh boy - so many sailors...not many to rant about but the uniforms make life just plain interesting I guess. Its funny because I know some guys from around town and to see them in their uniforms and having to address them as Petty Officer this or Airmen that - just funny to me I guess. So I'm learning all the military ranks and they gave me this list of all the armed forces as a cheat sheet. OH OH OH! AND...I found out today that I have my own parking spot...yup, right next to the Skipper. I have to really step up to the plate here - not to say that I can't, I guess I'm just a little intimidated. Mostly because of the military regs I have to learn. My one thing was not to disrespect an officer - you know? And I did that by accident yesterday. I accidentally called a Lieutenant Colonel a Lieutenant. According to my cheat sheet - I downgraded him two ranks. I apologized and patched him to the CTP (Chief Test Pilot) - he didnt complain to him so I thought that was a good sign. However, the guy is being transferred here - the CTP said he was going to tease me about it when he got here...nice huh?

BOWLING
I'm sure you are anxiously awaiting what has transpired with my bowling team. Well, WAIT NO MORE! So we came into this week in first place and we were doing position playing, which means the 1st place team plays the 2nd place team, 3rd place plays 4th place...you get the idea. We were 3 games up and we play 4 games a week (we actually play 3 games but the total pins for all three games counts as the last game - I know too much information, I'll keep typing). It was such an important game to my team captains that (no kidding) they called me to do a tutoring session. I actually learned a lot since normally the only time I do bowl is during our league night. So, my average had gone up to 91 - I bowled an 86 the first game, 85th the second game, and a (get ready) 131 the last game. I got two doubles - which is two strikes in a row. I was sooo money that last game. We killed them - it was almost embarassing. You beat a team by total pins (that obviously get knocked down) the first game we beat them by like 160 - which is a huge amount. You figure I normally do 91, so it was like we had another bowler. I know I'm rambling like I've been playing this for years - kind of sad, but I'm having so much fun I really dont care. So next week - we are up by 5 games on the 2nd place team (the 3rd place team leapfrogged the team we played). So very excited.

In my No Freaking Way category:
I was watching VH1 and they were showing the new 3 Doors Down video - and they had the "heroine" of the video going to work at Jumbo's Clown Room! I thought it was freaking hysterical since that was my friend's favorite strip club. He's in Iraq and I promptly sent him an email telling him. I'm sure he doesnt care much since he's, you know, fighting a war - but I thought I'd share with him.

Ok - I got homework to do. Late Doggs!

No comments: