Monday, February 28, 2005

Pulling Rank

You know - one of the funniest things that has happened to me as a parent happened at the Ice Dogs game and it completely slipped my mind to post it until I was telling someone at work about my weekend. So the Jacob wanted some cotton candy - and the wonderful mother that I am, decided to buy him some because nothing is better than a 3 year old on a sugar high at 9pm. During the 2nd intermission, we went in search of the cotton candy man all over the arena. After 10 minutes of walking, we find him and he is surrounded by people snatching up the cotton candies. One by one they start disappearing - I decided that I was NOT going to let my son down and that I needed to start playing a bit dirty. I talked louder than the others, but when its a 28 yr old versus a 10 year old - well you can see who wins that contest. So it was down to me and a 6 yr old girl - and only 1 cotton candy left. We both said it at the same time "One Cotton Candy, Please". The vendor looks at me and then at the girl, then back at me and says "Ma'am" while pointing to the girl. Well the gloves were off, I looked at him and said "Sir" and pointed at Jacob - who for some reason had this sad look on his face. The vendor hands me the cotton candy and says "You win" I swear I felt like Rocky knocking out the opponent. I grabbed Jacob and ran up the stairs - took every fiber in my mature personality not to stick my tongue out at the little girl and do a raspberry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you forgot to mention that the little girl ended up be the very same little girl who was sitting in front of us who eyed Jacob's cotton candy for the rest of the game!