Monday, January 23, 2006

8.9, 81, 4

Nice busy weekend. Nothing like driving all over LA and the desert to burn the weekend away.

Went to the hockey game with my cousin on Saturday...8.9 seconds...8.9 freaking seconds left in OT for the Kings and Sharks to go into the shootout and the Kings lose. I hate the refs that were at the game, they always call bullshit penalties on our team. The last two minutes of the regular game (when the Sharks tied) and the last two minutes of OT (when the Sharks won) they were on the powerplay. I dont think my cousin has ever heard me curse as much as I did that afternoon. Oh well, truth has to come out sometime.

Can you believe Kobe Bryant's 81 point night? Pretty impressive - not shocking because he's a ball hogging diva. Ok, enough props, moving on since I dont give a shit about basketball.

It was 4 degrees in Ridgecrest when I left...ok, 4 degrees Celcius but damn - its still single digits. I went to visit the familia and do some much needed lounging. Too bad I couldnt get much sleep since the Jakeman caught a cold. Last night I was trying to give him some cold medicine to calm his stuff nose and he totally spit it out into my hands. Then he states "That is the worst thing I have ever tasted!" I couldnt be mad, it was funny.

Kings/Ducks tonight at Staples. Ok here is the deal with a little mission I have going on with myself. I have this jersey - a Kelly Hrudey jersey that I've had since 1994 or so. Next to my kid - this is my most prized possession. Juan joked that depending if Jacob behaves or not which one has the top spot. Anyways, I'm on a mission to get Kelly Hrudey to sign this sucker. Kelly Hrudey was the Kings Goalie during the 90's and is one of my favorite all time Kings players. A couple of weeks ago, Mike (my seat buddy) tells me that Hrudey was at Staples for a game that I wasnt at and he was no lie, like 20 yards away from us since OLN was carrying the broadcast and he's an announcer with them. Ladies and Gents, tonight the psycho stalker comes out because if this man is in the building, by golly I'm having him sign my jersey, which by the way no one else is allowed to sign. The funny thing about all this is not the obsession but just wondering if I could pull it off. That was what was driving the whole riding the Zamboni thing too - just wondering if I could do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I stood right next to Kelly at a bar???