Sunday, March 20, 2005

CAUTION: Do not mix allergy medicine and alcohol

So I went to a Passion party last night. For those of you that don't know what a passion party is, its a party where they sell "toys"...yes "toys". Always fun when you have the right mix of people. I got invited through a friend to the party - so I didnt really know the hostess. So a friend of mine and I went and started to get into it - and since I had been to one before I kind of knew what was in store for the night. So things started and I started feeling BLAH - I mean just BLAH, my nose started to run...my eyes were watery...I felt like I had been socked in the face. Then I ask the one question I should really start asking whenever I go to someone's house that I don't know.

QUESTION: Do you have a cat?
ANSWER: Why yes I do!

I'm allergic to cats...which is a good thing because I don't like cats so it all works out. Luckily some Claritin and Benedryl were found in the car. I took the Claritin and chased it with a mudslide that someone had made me. About 15 minutes later, I was as loud as sailors on leave in Thailand (Ohh, that reminds me of some stories someone told me about Thai women in clubs over there that I will NOT post on this website but will be more than happy to tell after a few drinks - ask and you shall receive type of thing). HOLY COW! I was drunk or something - but I really wasnt feeling drunk. I was being loud, making comments, asking those questions most people would be too shy to ask at one of these parties, you know...being me but a little louder. So the night was over and I was outside checking my voicemail and returning a call and freezing my ass off. It seriously was a flip of the coin on this - either I was outside BREATHING and freezing cold - or inside warm but dying. I kept going back and forth, finally we just left. Came home and I knocked out at about 10:15pm. I woke up this morning at about 730am with what I can only describe as a hangover. For me to have taken a Claritin AND a Benedryl - its unheard of. I'm not one for taking medication - my mom made me such a nervous nelly about certain things (thanks mom) that taking 2 Tylenol in my family is pushing it in the drug department. BTW, I can see Oscar nodding and saying "Testify sister!"

Anyways, heading out of town to see my cousins dance in their annual Folklorico Show. The Jake man is going to love it - he loves to watch them dance. I hope my headache goes away before they start stomping their feet...in an auditorium...that echoes....

Where is that Tylenol?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa sometimes you make me wonder...then times like this, you just simply amaze me! I'd of run over the damn CAT!!!