Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I freaking ROCK!

So bowling...this, other than a rambunctious 3 year old, has been a constant in my life the past 6 months. Tonight…I broke a barrier…I found “the pocket”. My average started out at 93 for the night. It’s always impressive when you go up that one magical pin in your average. First game – it was on baby. The rhythm, the slight arrogance…the sheer shock of actually getting spares – 116 my friends…116. We won the first game. The night was off to a good start. Remember – my goal is to bowl my average – getting into triple digits is icing. Second game – strikes, spares, oohhh a double (two strikes in a row) 133 – I’m so money. We won the second game. Third game – I felt like a major league pitcher, on the mound…facing his opponent – with an arm like JELLO. I couldn’t do it – I lost my game…the money had been spent. I still bowled my average…but 7th inning had hit and the relief pitcher had been called in. We ended up losing the game but won the "4th" game. So good night overall for the DRIFTERS.

I had a friend in town – someone who my brother and I had grown up with and had joined the Navy and wasn’t sure what he wanted to do, so he talked to some of my friends in various areas of the Navy to see what path he might like. He went with me to the bowling alley and seriously could not believe how much fun we were having. We are the loudest and damn proud of still being #1. Also found out that we get prize money if we end up first. I’m going to be doing one arm push-ups so my arm won’t be JELLO anymore.

YET ANOTHER EMBARASSING MOMENT IN MELISSA’S LIFE: So everyone in my office was gone – meetings, flying, causing trouble…you know the usual. I opted to see if I could listen to my MP3. Our horrible computers only have the USB ports at the front that you have to angle it perfectly to get in. So I ended up kneeling on the floor trying my hardest to get the damn thing in. Fiddling with this thing for about 10 minutes I was getting frustrated…then I hear “What are you doing?” in the Executive Officer’s voice. So I stand up and turn around – to find the Executive Officer, the Safety Officer, and Helicopter Crewman standing there – holding back the smirks. Yeah...not doing that again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMFAO!! Why do you do these things to yourself? I'm seriously thinking that you have a problem here and I believe all those men you work with...pretty much think the same. Congrats on your bowling though because SCOTT here she comes!! Can't wait for Atlanta to come. heheheheee...