Friday, July 15, 2005

It was an honor just being nominated...yeah right.

Yesterday, I get a call right before I headed over to Pt. Mugu on the vomit comet that I didnt get that job. Oh well. Like I said - I wasnt pining for it so at least I'm not all that disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I am disappointed but mostly because I wasn't picked. At least the HR lady told me that I was her first choice but management went with someone else. Yeah me - I'm the first runner up.

The ride on the vomit comet? Dear god, I wanted to throw up about three times on that thing. Like I actually looked at my purse and said to myself - is it worth it? The answer is no because my purse is brand new and I hate throwing up. So we finally land and when we get out we hustle to the hanger to watch the retirement ceremony. Broke the news to my boss and his wife that I didn't get the job - they faked disappointment really badly. Retirement ceremony was nice. I run the risk of getting ribbed about what I'm going to say but I cant help it. An admiral spoke at the ceremony and I swear to you he reminded me of Woody Allen with a speech impediment. Had drama trying to head back and almost got stuck there over the weekend. Sure it might have been nice, but I like my own bed. The ride back? Was like a freaking roller coaster - on a certain level that might be fun but when you bottom out at like 2000 feet - its not that great.

When I got home I relaxed a bit and ended up going out for sushi - all by my lonesome. I was excited to grab my book and enjoy the food. But you know how when you want to be alone - others wont let you? Yeah, that was my night.

This morning I went to help my friend Jessica with her moving sale. Damn it got hot and hot and I got tired. We got tired. We even closed up shop early and dragged all her stuff into the garage early. She took me out to lunch as a thank you and when I got home, I passed out and took a 2 hour nap. When I woke up Jacob was rubbing baby powder on my arm. I felt like I was camp (even though I never went away to a camp as a child) where they do weird things to you while you are sleeping and you wake up wondering if you only have one eyebrow or if you peed in your bed while your hand is in a bowl of warm water. Yeah - I had this fear from my three year old - greeaaattt....15 more years of this.

So tonight I'm heading out of town (as usual) so there might not be another update until Sunday. Willy Wonka comes out today and so does Wedding Crashers - yeah! I'm sure to hit the theater upon my return on Sunday...peace out y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. Thanks again for helping out in the mind melting, pore expanding heat! It was nice to have someone else there to laugh at it all with. Damn, the shoes though!! No, I haven't gotten over it yet....Seriously, what kind of person steals from a yard sale? Go get a job you cheap-ass bastard. Deep breath. Ok, I'm good. I sold my Jeep yesterday afternoon. Didn't even get to crash for a nap until 5:30 and of course, slept all the way through. I hope that you've had fun on your uber-packed weekend. I finally linked to you from my blog/space. Told everyone how much of a hilarious smart-ass you are. See ya.