Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Odds and Ends

In hopes of giving you an insight to my little life - because thats what I want to do this morning - I'm going to be telling you about the little shit that has been annoying me for a little bit and in this post, will be an update from the job interview. Another reason for this post - is well not much is going on and I'm trying to fill the space.

Day 4: No Remote
Apparently my remote for the tv in my room was lost sometime between Saturday night and Sunday morning. I remember turning the tv off but when I woke up, it was gone. Very weird, very strange. Jacob (the little prankster) likes to hide stuff every now and then and even he has no idea where it is. I've turned my room upside down looking for it mainly because its a big pain in the ass but I'll live.

WTF is that noise?
Every morning I wake up to this weird sound - its like a bed creaking. I found out a week ago that its the water heater. Its just odd to hear this noise coming from the heater closet - everytime I open it, I guess I hope that I'll scare whatever is contributing to the noise and make it stop. And its only in the morning, that precious time when I wake up at 530am.

Hobbies - I'll show you hobbies
So my interview last Friday went really well. I actually have an appointment to meet the General Manager and VP of Marketing this Friday (yeah me). When I was talking to the HR person one of the questions she asked me was what my hobbies were. Now I used to do recruiting and I know we ask this, but I have never been asked that question. I have stuff that I like to do and do them when I feel like it -but I don't have set HOBBIES like scrapbooking or gardening. I just do what I want when I feel like it. So I tell her that I have a variety of things that I like to do - like reading, going out, big movie fan, hiking - the stuff which in my opinion counts as hobbies. I called her yesterday to confirm my appointment on Friday and she asks me the hobbies question again. I'm like WTF? Honestly, I think she's trying to get information that she cant ask legally. For example - she cant ask "Do you have children?" But she can ask "What are your hobbies?" and I can either reply "Spend time with my family and friends" (which I did) or "Spend as much time as I can with my son" (which is probably what she's looking for). See, I'm sneaky too. When I told my mom she said "What you dont think saying you like to lay around and watch tv would be a good thing?" HAHA - very funny smart ass. Anyways, that has been pestering me.

Like I said its an odds and ends day.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Good writing...odds and ends...I like that.

Thanks for commenting on my blog today.

Revee said...

So what did you say the second time she asked for your hobbies? I don't have hobbies either. I'm pretty sure that admitting laying on the couch is my favorite hobby wouldn't get me the job.