Monday, July 18, 2005

Ohhh yeah...The weekend

Friday night: drove down to Stephanie and Ossie's and hit traffic over the aquaduct because of an accident. I forget how much of a sponge kids are and how much my mouth does indeed just start talking without me thinking about it. As we drove my the accident, I saw the coroner's van (turned out 2 people where killed when their mini van went off the road and up the embankment). So I said "oh, someone must have gotten killed" under my breath and then Jacob was asking me what was going on and I explained (sans the dead people reference) about the accident and how everyone was at the hospital getting taken care of. When we get to Canyon Country, I called my parents to tell them we are fine and Jacob want to chat with them and proceeds to tell him how there was blood everywhere, people had died, and someone had gotten arrested. I swear - it was as if we were watching a COPS episode and I missed it all. We had a good mini bbq dinner and Ossie got himself a new challenger for his PS2. Then Steph found something that was just "Are you Serious?" Did you hear about the broo-hah-hah over Mariah Carey "Are They Real Or Are They Fake?" Abs.

Saturday: Went to see Jacob's grandparents in Torrance. Had a good time. He totally had fun helping his grandfather wash the suburban (slave labor!). Then we headed out to Naddy's bridal shower. Another great time. Drove back to Shannon's in Long Beach and crashed out while watching Toy Story - it was a miracle we didnt see Ice Age or Monster's Inc.

Sunday: Went to Universal Studios with Shannon and Jacob. Ok - this is going to have its own post and will post later, as soon as Shannon emails me the pictures. Yes, I'm posting pictures. RELAX.

No comments: