Sunday, July 24, 2005

Movie Reviews, Jessica Simpson, and My Lost Toothbrush

Movie Reviews
This weekend was a weekend of movies for two main reasons - 1) its too hot to do anything else and 2) I'm broke. So here are the list of movies I watched, not sure if I should be proud that I got through all these movies or ashamed that I had nothing better to do.

War of The Worlds: very intense - I now know I must drink more water - lots more water. I do have to say the ending is weak. Damn you Spielberg. Oh damn, Loren is laughing his ass off right now.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou: starts a bit slow but picks up in the middle - rather entertaining once I started giving a shit about the characters, but that took a while. Very quirky.

Wedding Crashers: very funny for a weekend afternoon. The scene at the table - classic.

Chinatown: I've had this movie sitting on top of the entertainment center since the end of June thanks to Netflix. Jack Nicholson is so badass in this movie - if you've never seen it, rent it. Its really good.

The Longest Yard: Entertaining - a little sappy on the ending but its all good.

Jessica Simpson
So I saw the preview for Dukes of Hazzard before Wedding Crashers and there she was Jessica Simpson in her Daisy Duke glory. Then I came home and was catching up on the top videos on VH1 and whose new video comes on? Damn straight Skippy - Jessica Simpson in her cupcake-sexpot version of "These Boots Are Made for Walking" ARGGHHH I'm sick of seeing that woman everywhere. MAKE IT STOP! Britney come back!!!! Oh wait...too late, I already said it. Dammit.

My Lost Toothbrush
At the risk of totally embarassing myself (well what is new with that), I have a funny story to share. I lost my toothbrush this morning, my beautiful purple toothbrush. So here goes (takes a deep breath and starts to type).

I woke up this morning and its hot, freaking hot. Half asleep I do the normal routine that people do when they get up, head to the bathroom. So we have a shelf unit that is over the bathroom and I always has this fear that something would fall in the toilet because well, I can be rather clumsy and crap happens to me.

Did I ever buy anything else to put all of our stuff on? NO

Did I ever make a concious effort to put the lid down when "it" is not in use? NO

So after I'm done (I did #1 only, very important-gross, but important), I flush the toilet and reach over to the toothbrush holder and grab my purple toothbrush to duh, brush my teeth. Why my hand grip wasnt working properly, I'll never know - next thing I know, my toothbrush is falling down into the toilet. There I stand with the age old question of should I go after it. I'm standing over the toilet wondering if I should go after it, I have no idea if its going to clog up the toilet - its a toothbrush. So what do I do? Some primal something or other took over, because against my better judgement - oh yeah - my hand dives in and grabs the toothbrush. I really dont know what the hell I was thinking - because I wasnt. So now I have a pee covered toothbrush in my possession, yeah me, I beat the toilet. But was I really better off? NO So I toss the toothbrush away and wash my hands and do you know what the first thought that went through my head? Damn - I still havent brushed my teeth. HELLO! I just stuck my hand in a flushing toilet! I found an extra "traveling" toothbrush and all is well.

I can't believe I admitted this happened. I have to wash my hands again.

2 comments:

ghartstein said...

ONe Hand in My toilet (was that an Alanis Morisette song? never mind...)is NOT the way I like to start a day!

Of course the thought of Jessica Simpson in Daisy Dukes didn't hurt my appetite any...as long as the volume's muted and there's good music playing!

Blake said...

Wedding Crashers is my new favorite movie. I passed a kidney stone [as well] during the dinner table scene.

I think in like 3-7 years there will be a CNN headline that reads:

YOUNGER SISTER KILLS JESSICA SIMPSON

And I, in a sadistic US-Weekly-People-Magazine sort of way, can't wait.

Blake