Friday, July 22, 2005

Yes, I know

Yes, I havent posted - Yes, I've been busy....Geez

So lots of little things going on around here...dont know how to format it so I'm just going to do a Highlights of the Day a la The Casual Friday even though I'm only half way through my day.

1. Woke up thinking it was a my regular bi-weekly Friday off, realized it wasnt, and was 20 minutes late to work.
2. Procrastinated the whole week so I could blog browse and I'm getting my come-uppins today since all my stuff is now due.
3. I have my hair in braids today and someone called me Rebecca from Sunnybrook Farms and I had to look it up because I had no idea who that was. Turns out its Shirley Temple.
4. Got a call from a friend who is having to deal with a NIGHTMARE at work - I feel for her, she doesnt deserve at all what is going on.
5. Saw the news about that guy they shot in London. You know what - if you are going to run, by all means the police should be allowed to shoot you. Especially if you have what looks like a bomb strapped to your waist. Thats another rant awaiting print.
6. Got an email from the people who handle our computers and they said that they are going to stop adding those {May Contain Propriety Context} tags - I'm hoping they read my blog and realized it was a dumb idea.
7. I'm trying to make this as entertaining as possible for Kelena and Evan - my little fan club!
8. I'm going to see the fine ass Flight Surgeon this afternoon - swoon
9. I hate that I have all this reading material in my little lobby because the guys will come in and pick something up and I know - I KNOW they are going to the bathroom for "an extended period of time". EEWWWW
10. Last night (ok, I cheated, its not a "today" highlight) I started adding the blogs that I read - if you feel like wandering...enjoy!
11. I got a drunk text message last night....
12. Speaking of Kelena (see #7) - she sent me this link in regards to my rant from yesterday. I love the timing of it all.
13. My boss made fun of my confusion this morning and told a manager that "it was a weak excuse but not the worst he's heard" Funny guy that guy...

OK- that was longer than I thought it would be.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YESSSSS, Evan and I got the much exclusive and elusive shout out. I feel like we got past the velvet rope at a red carpet premier. It makes being at home recuperating bearable. HA!!!
-Kelena

ghartstein said...

Some funny stuff!

#5 intersting comment. I wrote a post a long time ago with a similar premise...only for taggers...I was in a bad mood, what can I say...

Melissa is... said...

Argentina - THANKS!

Kelena - welcome to the A-List baby

Mr. G - your comments are always welcome, as always. Yeah, and then I read that the guy had nothing to do with it, I felt bad for a moment...

MidwestHick - Problem with that is that we all work on a compressed work schedule so we all have the same day off. It was worth a shot though...