Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Orlando in full bloom

So last night was our double movie feature night at the theater. They did a Thank You to the Warfighter and sold tickets for the event for $10 - they closed the theater to the public for this. The first round of movies started either at 545 or 600 - I went with Jacob to go see Kicking and Screaming and my parents went to go see Kingdom of Heaven. We met up during the "intermission" where we were served Pizza and Ice Cream (I also didnt mention the free popcorn and soda coupons we received). So Jacob only liked Kicking and Screaming during the soccer scenes, which really was the only decent part. I love Will Farrell but he's not as good as he was in ELF or Anchorman - this movie was just weak. Rental people....Rental. Found my parents and Jacob wanted to go with them, so then I ran into some friends at the bar at the end of the strip mall - because my friend absolutely needed a drink after watching Kicking and Screaming...so this begins the traumatizing portion of my evening. I walk in and see my friend Ellie sitting with her husband Shane. So I go sit with them and catch up a bit. She has this smirk on her face...and is motioning me to look over at the pool table. OH DEAR GOD! This woman is wearing a bra, bicycle shorts, white ruffle socks with white platform shoes with (not kidding) 6 inch heels. And the best part - she's about 45 yrs old. And not the "Wow, she looks great for 45" Oohh nooo - the "Why didnt your husband/boyfriend/significant other tell you that you look so not right?" Well my friends, thats because we havent seen how the boyfriend is dressed. HOLY FRENCH FRIES, BATMAN! The boyfriend is wearing a sleeveless shirt, white tights (and you can tell he is wearing a thong-no lie, it was hot pink), and brown cowboy boots. Never in my life, did I want to gauge my own eyes out. So my friend comes and sits down with us after his shot and is a bit oblivious. Then when I point it out to him, he's like - oh yeah they are in here all the time (LUSH!) and that during the hot summer nights, the guy goes down to a leopard thong only (insert gag reflex here). So I told my boss this morning and apparently, they own the Silver Dollar saloon up in Johannesberg which is a very popular spot for bikers. I'm not getting into all the other things I found out about this couple. I'm stopping before I have to relive the trauma.

So the four of us went to go see Kingdom of Heaven. Orlando....soooo yummy. I sighed heavily (to piss Shane off) when Orlando didnt have his shirt on and Shane moaned very loudly back. Ellie and I were laughing so hard. Anyways, the movie was really good...really enjoyed it...I'd pay full price just to oogle at the Bloom.

Got home rather late, turns out Jacob didnt want to stay for the second movie so my parents took him home. I got online and played Literati with my friend Juan. I was so money last night - I pulled ahead rather early in the game and ended up kicking his butt. I always have fun chatting with him, we knew each other way back when and got back in touch last year. I spoiled him a bit while he was in Iraq and now he's back. I like our Literati matches - we are both rather competitive and stubborn so it gets fun. I wonder how it would be if we actually played Scrabble - we'd each have our own dictionaries and challenge the hell out of one another...oh and side bets. Didnt go to bed into 1am. Believe it or not, I'm not really all that tired.

Today is a Teammate Appreciation BBQ here at the Hanger. I cant wait -yummm bbq.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor girl. I'm so sorry you were traumatized. I can't even imagine the horror. Pink thong! What is wrong with people. :)