Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A quiet evening...or so we thought!

Hit the gym afterwork - pretty good workout. Went home and had leftovers for dinner, very healthy. Ended up playing with Jacob most of the night. We were watching Emeril (since Jacob loves to watch the Food Network) and he made this giant tortilla thing with cheese and strawberries. It looked really good, I'm going to have to get the recipe and try it.

So I was trying to read The Cat in the Hat to Jacob and he got such a terrible case of the giggles...I couldnt get past the first page without him cracking up. 20 minutes later....he's still laughing. We finally get through the book and I start on the The Little Engine that Could...Yeah, I stopped 4 pages in, he wouldnt stop laughing. I'm sure it didnt help that I was doing voices and changing the words around on him BUT STILL!!! So I started to doze off and ended up getting up and getting on the net to check some stuff out for my mom. My friend Joel in Italy was online so we were chatting a bit then my friend calls me and tells me that she thinks she's called off her wedding. I hate being far away when my friends need me or I need them. I hated that phone call - made me feel helpless. All I could do is to tell her that things will be ok and listen to her cry. So talked to Carol for a while and then finally went to bed - didnt really do any of the stuff my mom wanted me to do, oh well.

This morning is shaping up to be rather busy so I better get crackin'!

No comments: