Sunday, May 22, 2005

The weekend...

I took the Jakeman to the Renaissance fair on Saturday. Damn it was hot...and I mean H-O-T! We finally get there and walked around. Saw the Queen's Joust which was funny - we had the evil French knight who would tell us he loved us (to which we replied "We luv youu tooo!) and would ask us to moon the people across the way. One guy took that literally and jumped up front and dropped his pants. Way too funny. So we walked around some more - found a section where kids could ride ponies. That was Jacob's whole purpose to go to this thing - the pony ride. So he got to ride twice. We walked around and that same area the pony ride was - there were games that kids could win tokens and the tokens could be exchanged for prizes a la Chuck E Cheese's. So when we were watching the turtle races - Jacob got his eye on a fetching metal sword. So after playing a few more games we were ready to redeem our tokens. We were 80 short of getting the sword - to which my child said "Well we can just play more games to get more tokens!" $10 later, Jacob got his sword. So besides that he was totally enthralled with Sand Casting with apparently has something to do with Bronzing - since Jacob was paying attention to the demonstration, he can probably explain it better than I can.

So funniest thing of the weekend - As we were walking out in the 90 some odd degree weather, Jacob start throwing a fit about wanting to go home. Mind you, we had been at this thing for most of the HOT afternoon and so we started to head to the car - as fast as humanly possible. Jacob started up even louder - "Mommy, I want to go home!" I kept trying to tell him that first we needed to get to the car before we could do anything. So we are walking through the dirt parking lot to the massive wall of rocks because my car was somewhere over there. Jacob just kept screaming - like those annoying kids in the supermarket screaming. I couldnt take it - it was reaching the boiling point of him not stopping. I was holding the whole spanking thing back because I knew he wasnt being bad, he was just in a bad mood. I did the only mature parent thing I could think of doing. I poured water from the water bottle on his head and told him to relax. He stood there in a state of pure shock...I was kind of shocked myself. So we kept walking in a sort of solemn silence that could only be explained by confusion. So we get to the car and he says, "Mommy, I'm sorry I got mad." I told him it was fine and that sometimes we just need to take a breath and relax. And says "You're right - I need to relax" and proceeds to dump water on his head. Oh..I laughed so hard.

Saturday night went to my friend's house and then went to Universal today. Rode The Mummy Ride - for the first time. Now, I'm not a roller coaster person, so I was pretty tense the whole time. The ride was pretty short, thank god.

DH and Grey's Anatomy was sooo good! That is all...

No comments: