Friday, August 05, 2005

Fruit and Vicks Vapor Rub

My health conscious boss walked into work this morning saying that he brought donuts for everyone. Totally awesome since I was starving. So I wait and then he pulls out one of those pre-packaged bowls of fruit and says "Now, how did those donuts turn into fruit?" Damn him, toying with my taste buds. I was just hungry, didn't matter what I was going to eat but now he's just rubbing in the bad eating habits thing in my face (which he's actually been doing for the past month, I just haven't been discussing it here). I tried to rationalize with him, saying that realistically he only sees one of my meals (lunch) and that's if I'm eating at my desk. When I'm eating at my desk, its because I made a run to some fast food joint while I'm doing errands and don't have the luxury of a healthy meal. True seems my other boss and I are all about Taco Bell at least once a week - but still! So the big joke with him is that I don't eat healthy (which I have been working on but since I don't bring my lunch to work sometimes it limits things you know?). Anyways, thought that was a funny way to start the day.

Speaking of funny - have you guys heard the George Lopez CD "Right Now, Right Now or Later, Later"? Oh my goodness, its hysterical. One of the things he talks about is how his mom used to put Vicks Vapor Rub on any kind of ailment -kind of like how the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding would use windex. Well, I don't know about your family but my mom would occasionally say that. Her big response to when one of use wasn't feeling well was to drink tea. Anyways, for the past few days I keep waking up with bug bites on my legs - I think its a flea bite but I don't have a dog or cat so I don't get how I keep getting bit and I was at my wits end trying to figure out how to at least get them to stop itching as much -I tried different creams but I'll be damned if any of them worked. My mom walks by and says "Why don't you put Vicks on it?" I did and it worked. Damn it!

So, last night I caught some of the Xgames - I totally missed out on MotoX Best Trick because I got grounded with a major headache. Never in my life had I needed to turn off the lights and put a damp wash cloth to try to soothe my pounding head. I took Tylenol - rubbed the temples...nothing. Took Advil - nothing. Then I asked my mom about what else to do - like rubbing lemons on the temple or something -I heard that somewhere and thought it was worth a shot. Then she comes in with limes with something on it and puts it on my temples and then uses a bandana to hold them down. I swear it did the trick, I was feeling better in like 20 minutes. So I ask her what else was on the limes and she said coffee and something else. I ask her what...she said Vicks.

1 comment:

ghartstein said...

I think it must be the menthol and eucalyptis...it opens your pores or something....you can tell I paid a lot of attention in science classes!