Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ugghhh

Ever feel like when you are making progress on a project you are starting to transition from a jog to a run and then you get clothelined? Yeah, that was me yesterday. Anyways - finally got home from LA at about 930pm.

Ok - I have a rant...people that don't know how to drive.

Twice...T-W-I-C-E, I was made to get on the shoulder as to avoid a head on collision with some asshole that wanted to pass a car on the southbound lane of traffic. I had two friends die on this particular highway that I use and I would rather get there late than not get there at all. These people who don't drive this highway on a regular basis think they own the road or are entitled to do whatever the hell they want. WTF?!?! We are all going to get there at the same time...why? Because there are traffic lights dick head. So what annoys me the most is when there is a sign that says there is a passing lane 2 miles ahead and these kamikaze drivers still decide to pass grandma's station wagon on a blind turn. I'll happily ride grandma's coat tails until the passing lane. Know another reason why? The Chippers - thats right. Good ole highway patrol. I just paid my freaking speeding ticket (plus traffic school) and kissed that little money goodbye. I dont need to get there THAT fast. Hell no. So to you tailgaters that decide that my 80mph Nissan isnt fast enough for you...go ahead and pass me, just dont freaking CUT ME OFF in the process. If you are going to pass, know you have room - don't just get in front of me and think that since you have a Yukon or Expedition you are able to bully your way in. I always wanted to have a built in asshole driver button. Like you are only allowed to use it once a day or something - but it could be linked to some database and it complains to the DMV about drivers. Enough people complain and they get points on their license. Just a thought.

3 comments:

ghartstein said...

Classic! You should check out my post from Friday...same topic.

Let's see...I'm guessing HWY 58?

Melissa is... said...

HWY 395 - I try very hard not to drive it but nooooo - damn my friends and loved ones that live in the Inland Empire.

ghartstein said...

Eeeew! Sorry to hear that...not a big fan of THAT road!