Thursday, August 11, 2005

I Hate Joe

One of the perks of parenthood - in my opinion - is that you can watch the corny movies or tv shows under the pretense that its just for your kid and you "had" to do it. Have I told you how surprisingly good Sky High was? Any "family" movie that has two of the five Kids in the Hall is worth a shot.

Ok so this brings me to my son's love for Blue's Clues. This show can be rather entertaining - to me in comes down to the host. When it first started Steve was the host. So Steve ended up leaving because he had been doing the show for about 6 years and they sent Steve "off to college". Then Steve's "little brother" Joe came to move in a take care of Blue (the animated dog). Joe took over and its been him ever since. I even know all the little songs...dammit.


This is Steve. This is Joe.

After a while - apparently, there were rumors about Steve being dead. The actor even had to go on talk shows to show the parents that he was indeed alive - so the preschoolers could go on with their lives. So now - Steve is this indie punk rocker.


Here is a "now" picture:









To me, Steve was just funnier. When he cracked a joke, it was not just for the kids but it was funny for the adults too. Joe's just a big dork. He's like one of those people that tries too hard to be liked - you know? So lately, the Jake man has been watching his Blue's Clues videos and he has one with Steve in it and one with Joe in it. Luckily he's been watching the Steve one (over and over again). Today he put the Joe one in and he asked me all doe eyed to watch it with him. The funny thing is that he knows I dont like Joe and he does it to bug me. Little bugger.
Come back Steve!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ghartstein said...

I've stumbled across that show. Maybe it's 'casue I don't have kids, but I can take it for about 45 seconds, and then I've got to change the channel. I mean, it's not evil like Barney or anything, I just don't have a tolerance.