Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Something New

You know the old saying - "You learn something new every day"? That is my new mini goal - to do or learn something new everyday. I'm going to see how hard or easy it might be. I'll post my newness on the blog and we shall see how it goes. I'm hoping it will be entertaining if anything.

Last night, I bought Jacob a 100 piece puzzle with Batman and the Joker on it and I'll be damned if we didnt finish it rather quickly. True, I helped but he did the majority of it. The funny thing was that when we went to the store, they didnt have any puzzles of interest on the bottom shelves - but we found the Batman puzzle on the very top of the shelf - like where it says "If you want something from here, get help". I'm all about not asking for help and I do what comes to mind. Have carry Jacob and push him up as high as I can to get the damn thing. It was so funny because here is this 28 yr old with her 3yr old son practically standing on her shoulders trying to get a puzzle. He finally got it and it was as if we'd conquered a country he was so excited.

NEWNESS EVENT FOR 08/22/05:
You might find this hard to believe (or not) but I've never had Salt Water Taffy (or any kind of taffy for that matter) - until yesterday. Someone came back from a trip to the East Coast and brought back a box of Salt Water Taffy. Finally I got around to trying it. Honestly - not a fan. Sticks to the teeth and there is no taste. Solved that mystery of life.

NEWNESS EVENT FOR 08/23/05:
I straightened my hair today. Ok - as I've mentioned before, I'm not one of those gals that takes oodles of time getting ready. From the shower to the door - I'm done in one hour - if that. Most of that time is actually being IN the shower. So I decided to straighten my hair to see 1) how it would look and 2) to see if any of my coworkers notice since they are notorious for not noticing anything. So far, NADA.

1 comment:

ghartstein said...

If your coworkers are men, it may take a while. My wife moves paintings and furniture and it take me four or five days!