Wednesday, June 22, 2005

D'oh

Pretty quiet night last night. I went out and bought my mom's belated birthday present to calm her down from the night before. I told her that it would be late - but those types of "excuses" don't fly with her. If you didnt plan properly for it -then you failed. I swear Oscar - you better be discovering the next big thing. Oh by the way - Happy Belated Wedding Anniversary- 4 whole years huh. 4 years since we got lucky enough to get Missy in our lives and her family got screwed and got you. All love...all love.

Did you see the news about the Yankees? Holy shit they came back with a fury in the 8th inning of yesterday's game. They won 20-11 and scored 13 runs in the 8th. But as a fan, what got me the most was seeing Randy Johnson - the GREAT Randy Johnson - getting pulled out in the 3rd inning after giving up 7 runs. Ok - this was one of those moments when you sit back and realize that someone is past their prime. I couldn't believe it. I remember watching Randy Johnson pitching for the Rangers and going after the strike out record. Ahh, memories.

So I came in this morning and was doing my usual routine. Log on the computer, start my outlook, check my email accounts, and check Scott's blog. But it wasn't updated yet, so I did a few other things - including sending a mp3 file to a coworker. Ok, checking again...DAMMIT! Not up yet...stall some more. Ok - so I check again a VOILA! Its updated. So I'm reading it and I guess there was a problem with the MP3 file that I had sent and the guy came into my office to talk about it. I swear, I wanted to tell him to take a hike since this was my time to read SCOTT'S THOUGHTS. Although today was Mark's thoughts since he's the featured reader for the week. I thought it was funny and immediately felt the need to change my routine.

No comments: