Wednesday, June 08, 2005

No Luck

So those of you that know me fairly well know that I can have some bad luck run around my karma for one reason or another. Lately, its been electronics. For one reason or another, some electronic items wont work or break on me. When I first started here, I accidentally broke the laminator machine - like it was my 3rd week on the job. Then about an hour ago, I broke our shredder. Our monster shredder...apparently the fuse burned after a few too many papers were sent to be shredded. AYYYEEE....no luck, I'm telling you. This is not mentioning that the copier machine wasnt working for me earlier this afternoon. I was copying some thing (about 50 pages) and did it twice (which came out to four times since I was doing two sets) and nothing would come out. So I finally decided to just walk away and do the copies somewhere else. About 45 minutes later, this guy walks in with my copies - apparently someone had paused the previous job and mine had been stored. I swear...maybe I should stay home tomorrow.

Thats the funny thing about working in an office. So many things get blown out of proportion. Here I am just blaming luck for my dumbass mistakes (yes I'm admitting it was all user error) on my blog (rant) and blowing things out of proportion for the sake of a post. What can I say, I'm kind of bored. Most of my morning consisted of me doing a web-based training tutorial for the Prevention of Sexual Harassment. Oh joy...so now I know how to properly break the rules for government regulations on that.

Had sushi for lunch...its great when the sushi chefs recognize you. They let us taste stuff. The roll this guy was experimenting with last time is now the house special. I'm doing this thing where I try a new one each time. Today it was the teriyaki chicken roll. Next time it will be the lobster roll. I'm also (wait for it) adding wasabi to my soy sauce. For those of you who I've had sushi with...oh wait that would be Juan and he doesnt read this...Steph? Are you reading this? Anyways, I'm not a fan of spicy, I'm a wimp through and through...but I've started to try the spicy stuff. Awww, I'm getting so brave! Ok, enough rambling, I have more equipment to break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa was I the guy who brought the copies to you LOL


Jeff