Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I got nothing - oh wait, I do!

So I was going through what happened yesterday afternoon in a somewhat comical daze. I got a call for an interview with a company in North Hollywood - put me back in my old stomping ground. They wanted to meet with me today at 4pm. Well - today at 4pm meant I would have to leave work at 1pm and drive, interview, be charming (blah blah blah), and drive home (since I would have to go to work on Wednesday). I wanted to do it Friday because it wouldn't require me to spill anything about my plans to my coworkers. On top of that I was thinking about setting a deadline of October and just moving then instead of trying to rush it. Ok - are you with me? Great. So the agency that I spoke with calls me for an interview Tuesday at 4pm. I call someone to cover the area so I can go, I cancel my hard to get appointment with my therapist (by now, seriously I dont need it, I've gotten over it), and I tell my boss what is going on because I need to take the afternoon off. After all that...they call back and say "Sorry, they have to reschedule to another day - how about Wednesday?" I told them sorry - its going to be Friday or nothing, I'm not rearranging my schedule all over again. ARRGGGGHHHH Like I said, I found it to be quite comical.

Last night, I was watching this special on the making of Star Wars on A&E. I love watching all the special features and watching a movie with the director's commentary. I'm a film buff, what can I say. Speaking of film buff. My dad and I have a project for the summer. To see all the movies that are on the AFI's Top 100 Films of All Time. I've already actually seen 47 of them - don't know if I should be proud of that or re-evaluate how I spend my free time. So I joined NetFlix and ordered Chinatown. That little sentence just put a smirk on Juan's face - just so you all know. So we were talking about movies and my mom had never seen Casablanca for one reason - she doesnt buy that Bogart and Bergman are a couple because he's too old. I swear - I curse my brother everytime he says I'm turning into her. So I'm going to force her to watch it a la "A Clockwork Orange".

3 comments:

Daddy-0 said...

You sound like her ...you act like her...You just need to start using guilt like a scalpel and the transformation will be complete

Melissa is... said...

LIES!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just watched a mediocre movie called "After the Sunset" with Pierce Bronson, Salma Hayek and Woodie Harrelson. I recommend the behind the scenese featurette though. Bret Ratner is hilariously hyper. I think I'll try the AFI thingy too.