Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Move It Move It

You know how sometimes its feast or famine at work? Yesterday was that feast day – holy shit, I was so incredibly busy. I finally finished my non-stop work at 4:25pm when my boss offered to let me go home early, but did I? No….so I ended up ditching the gym and just headed home. After dinner I took Jacob to go get ice cream and stopped off at the park to watch a softball game. So Jacob and I had been talking about Madagascar (Scott’s new favorite movie) and I’ll be damned if he didn’t start singing “I like to move it, move it…I like to move it, move it” Scott cursed me….because I started singing it the rest of the night.

So we got home about 830pm and played for a bit and then I started to watch this show called Fire Me, Please at 9pm. Ok – this show wasn’t the absolutely best thing but I laughed my ass off. It’s a reality/competition where two people get dropped off at the same time at two different jobs for their first day. The object is to get fired before 3pm, if they both get fired – the person closest to 3pm without going over wins $25,000. The rules are 1) you cant do anything illegal, 2) ask to be fired, and 3) tell them you are on a tv show. The owners are involved because they give the show things that will piss the bosses off. It was great to see their buttons pushed. They had hidden cameras in the back rooms and stuff and the coworkers would go in there and talk shit about the contestant. At the end of the show, they showed the people going into these places of business and telling them it was a tv show. I was chatting with Juan while watching that and then Law and Order SVU. Now, LWSVU…I cant even begin to describe what they portrayed on there. Each story takes its own turns and this one had me going in circles. Basically, there was a set of identical twins, boy and girl, and some guy had male DNA on his pp from a bite. But it wasn’t the boy – it was the girl…but the girl is a girl right? Wrong, she was born a boy but the circumcision went awry and they turned her into a girl. She was taking estrogen and everything. THEN – the twins were going to a therapist where the doctor made them simulate sex to “explore” their sexuality. The doctor ended up getting murdered by one of the twins but since identical twins have identical DNA they couldn’t really prove who did it. Yes I realize that television for the most part is fiction – but someone had to have heard something to come up with this idea and it creeps me out that someone did that to his or her child. Juan and I were pretty speechless – it was weird. Played Literati again and he kicked my ass twice. Dammit.

No comments: