Sunday, June 12, 2005

My weekend in LA LA Land

Alright - so I have a knack for having interesting adventures. And this weekend was not an exception. So here is the run down...

Friday: got up really freaking early to take Ryan to the airport. I always have this fear when I travel that I wont have enough time, especially when dealing with traffic on the 405. So I get up about 5:00am and picked up Ryan at 5:45am - since I told him 5:30am, I was right on time. I had to have him there at 9:30am and off we went. I actually had him there at 830am. So I dropped him off and since everyone I knew was working...I did the only other thing I could think of wanting to do that morning. I went to the beach. I hadnt gone to the beach in a looong time, so I was rather excited. I made my way to Manhattan Beach and took my MP3 to enjoy the solitude. So as I was walking to beach - I saw a homeless man sleeping on the sand...awww - with his ass hanging out of his pants...ewww. I wonder if its because he wants it to get tanned - just curious. Anyways, I called Carol and made plans to meet her before she headed off to work and went with her. Carol is an activities coordinator for kids center (more on that later). So as I made my way from Manhattan Beach to Fontana, I called my friend Jim to see how he was and he was getting lunch and invited me. So we met up and started catching up. Then came the topic of conversation that I have been talking about all weekend long. Jim works with iron - iron fences, iron staircases..ect. But what he has also made are bondage beds. Oh yeah, bondage beds. I couldn't get past the topic. So I asked my questions and told him that I have the right to ask more questions. So I made my way to Carol's and went with her to her work. It was movie day and we were watching "The Day After Tomorrow". Carol has told me stories about her kids...not that I never believed them...but damn! This kids are sharp and keep her on her toes. The funniest thing that happened was when a couple was making out in the movie and Moses screamed "They are about to fornicate!" Oh man, I was doubled over laughing so hard. So we went back to her house and started cleaning for her little sister's birthday party on Saturday night. I was so tired I basically passed out while Carol was redecorating her bedroom. AllI could hear was her hammering and then fade to black....

Saturday: woke up relatively early, had breakfast and headed out. I had an appt at 1230pm which lasted about 5 minutes. So I had to meet Stephanie at 4pm at Universal for the Dodgers game and had about 3 hours to kill. So I made my way to North Hollywood and had lunch at Bob's Big Boy. Had my usual - sat at the counter - read my book. It was quite the lunch. So I headed to the mall and went in search for a birthday card. So as I was standing in line to pay for the card - I started feeling sick and I mean SICK. It was now about 3pm and I went to Universal to meet up with Stephanie. I was telling her how sick I got and she told me that Bob's had been closed for rat infestation earlier that week. Nice huh... So we make our way to the Dodger game and it was Celebrity game night. Luc Robitaille was playing left field and I kept screaming LUUUUC in hopes that he would hear me. But we were too high up and I was embarassing Ossie, so I yelled louder. We left at the top of the 7th and the Dodgers were losing 5-3. They ended up losing by that score. Then I met up with Juan and went to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I totally enjoyed the movie and highly recommend it. And even more so, I enjoyed my time with Juan. I really do miss him and I'm glad to have him back in my life. We had a rockin' and rollin' good time. I gave him his birthday present which was something I made him. Luckily he liked it. And no - you dont look younger than me. The bouncer was too chicken shit to say anything.

Sunday - woke up to the earthquake. Ahhh - good ole California. You know when you are used to the earthquakes when you dont even run for the doorway - but just roll over and go right back to sleep. Picked up Ryan from the airport, had In and Out, then drove home. Its been a long weekend but I had fun.

No comments: