Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I love my kid

Last night - I took Jacob to the park. The Jake man loves to run around - he's mastering going down the slide all by himself, you would think that wasnt a big deal, but it really is. So when he went down the slide - the static from the plastic slide would make his hair stand up - then he went to touch the metal ladder and would get the shock. I tried to explain what was happening and then he got a big shock. The drama queen that my child is grabbed him arm and screamed "Mother of God!" Sometimes I really wonder where he picks up these phrases (since I'm trying not to curse around him - especially when he catches me and tells me not to) and how to use them properly. Thats the one that gets me - the proper use of profanity. Anyways - we move on from the slide and eventually get to the swings. I had taught him to swing on his stomach and I guess thats the closest he's ever going to get to being Superman so he loves it. Then he tells me he wants me to swing and that he'll push me. Took me a while to explain the theory of pushing - proper positioning and such. Apparently, he got a little too into it and when he would push he would get closer to the center and next thing I knew BAM! I see his feet under me. Yup - my ass had knocked him down. I immediately jumped off and asked him if he was ok. He was just laying there looking at me as if to say "Why the hell did you do that to me?" The look on his face was so priceless! He was totally ok - it was just so funny. Then he got up and went to stand on the side and watched for a bit. But like the trooper that he is, he went back to pushing. What a guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I just about peed in my pants reading the story. I could picture his feet underneath the swing- LMAO!! And why did I get a visual of your "ASS" knocking off the kid!